The reward for a 25-year-old woman – and “Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive” – has been increased to $10,000 for information leading to her capture if the tip comes in during May.
Iris Iliana Rodriguez is sought for indecency with a child by sexual contact, harassment and unlawful restraint.
Rodriguez, described as 5-foot-2 and weighing 150 pounds, has strong ties to Laredo and Mexico.
If you have a tip, you can call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
Here is the Texas Department of Public Safety news release in its entirety:
AUSTIN – The reward for Iris Iliana Rodriguez, 25, a Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and this month’s featured fugitive, has been increased to $10,000 for information leading to her capture if the tip comes in during the month of May. Rodriguez is wanted for indecency with a child by sexual contact, harassment and unlawful restraint. All tips are guaranteed to be anonymous.
Rodriguez has strong ties to Laredo and Mexico. She has previously been employed as a counselor in the Laredo area. For more information and updates in the event of her arrest, please view her wanted bulletin at: http://dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/fugitiveDetails.aspx?id=276.
Rodriguez is 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs approximately 150 pounds. She has a scar on her leg and shoulder.
One offender from the Texas 10 Most Wanted Program is featured each month in hopes the higher reward money from the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division will generate additional tips. The higher reward amount will only be paid if the tip comes in the same month the fugitive is featured.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, there are five different ways to provide anonymous tips:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters DPS – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. You can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website at http://www.dps.texas.gov/texas10mostwanted/.