Business Insider (via Yahoo Autos) has released a new list of some pretty great car hacks that every motorist should know. Here are some of the best:
12. Clear out all the junk in your trunk to increase gas mileage.
11. In a pinch? Fix scratches with a coat of clear nail polish to avoid rust.
10. Keep cat litter on hand for added traction on icy roads.
9. Use a razor blade to clear your windshield of dead bugs, sap and other gunk that won't come off with window washer fluid.
8. Clean grimy headlights with a coat of toothpaste.
7. Substitute a scented candle for an air freshener, setting it in the cup holder to melt on a hot day. (Be sure the candle is in a glass jar first).
6. Clean your car's engine with soap and water to make it easier to service.
5. Have a hard time remembering where you park? Snap a pic of your spot with your smartphone and never lose your bearings again.
4. Use dry ice to remove any dents from your car. The extreme cold pops them out.
3. De-ice your locks with hand sanitizer.
2. Unlock your car using a shoelace. Don't believe us? Click here.
1. Lighten your keychain to protect your ignition and prevent premature wear and tear.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.