Fire damages apartment, carport on Ross St.
A fire on Abilene's south side has damaged an apartment and car port.
Fire crews were called out to the home in the 600 block of Ross Street around 1:30 Wednesday morning. There they found a detached apartment behind the home on fire. No one was inside the apartment at the time. However, there was a family inside the home. Everyone was able to get out safely.
Two cars also damaged in the fire. No word yet on what may have sparked the blaze as authorities continue to investigate.
Copyright 2013 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.