Liquid nitrogen cocktail costs teen her stomach
Updated On: Oct 11 2012 09:33:12 AM CDT
A British teenager had to have her stomach removed after drinking a liquid nitrogen cocktail on her birthday.
Gaby Scanlon tossed back two drinks containing liquid nitrogen mixed with Jagermeister while celebrating her 18th birthday last week, the BBC reported.
Soon, she became breathless and developed severe stomach pain. When taken to the hospital, doctors found she had a perforated stomach and operated immediately, removing her stomach in what's known as a total gastrectomy.
Scanlon was in serious yet stable condition Monday, The Guardian reported.
The bar that served the steaming cocktail has since suspended the sale of drinks containing liquid nitrogen and is cooperating as an investigation continues.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.