Abilene
75° F
Overcast
Overcast
Brownwood
81° F
Overcast
Overcast
San Angelo
82° F
Overcast
Overcast
Advertisement

1 guest dead, 1 sick at Lubbock motel

Published On: Jan 17 2014 10:39:50 AM CST
Updated On: Jan 17 2014 02:02:34 PM CST
Texas News - Capitol flags
LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) -

A man has been found dead and a woman sick at a West Texas motel in what investigators believe was accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Lubbock police on Thursday responded to the Budget Motel when two guests who were scheduled to check out could not be reached in their room.

Investigators say the man was dead at the scene. The woman was transported to a Lubbock hospital.

Fire Rescue Battalion Chief Rob Keinast says a faulty heater may be to blame. He says high levels of carbon monoxide were detected in the room.

Names of the man and woman, who checked into the motel Wednesday night, were not immediately released.
    
The Budget Motel was closed Friday and no one from the business was immediately available to comment.