Abilene
28° F
Light Freezing Rain
Light Freezing Rain
Brownwood
32° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
San Angelo
35° F
Light Snow
Light Snow
Advertisement

Cause confirmed for house fire at South 5th and Vine in Abilene

Published On: Nov 14 2012 09:31:18 AM CST   Updated On: Nov 14 2012 11:08:54 AM CST

ABILENE, Texas -

The Abilene Fire Department has confirmed the cause of the early Tuesday morning fire at a house on South 5th and Vine.

AFD determined the cause was an unattended space heater placed too close to a piece of furniture.

Firefighters responded after getting the call at about 5:30 a.m. Heavy smoke was coming from the house.

There were no injuries related to the fire. No one was living at the home at the time of the fire, but there were objects inside the home.

The house is considered a total loss. There is no estimated cost of damages at this time.