Abilene
75° F
Overcast
Overcast
Brownwood
73° F
Overcast
Overcast
San Angelo
73° F
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Advertisement

Early morning fire damages home in Abilene

By Kelly Killian, Kelly Killian, kkillian@ktxs.com
Published On: Dec 04 2012 09:28:30 AM CST
ABILENE, Texas -

Firefighters responded to a structure fire around 11:00 p.m. Monday night on Green St. in north Abilene.

There was heavy smoke when firefighters arrived. Most of the fire was contained to the kitchen and laundry area of the home.

Firefighters determined the cause of the fire to be a loose fitting to a gas line that found an ignition source in the home and caught the leaking gas on fire. Officials said it was accidental.

No one was at home at the time of the fire. There were no reported injuries.

The damage cost has yet to be determined.