Free tax Preparation service offered in Abilene
Updated On: Jan 22 2013 07:29:10 PM CST
The West Central Texas Center for Economic Opportunity has staff on hand to file tax returns for free.
The program started Jan. 22.
The Center for Economic Opportunity suggests bringing the following items to maximize returns:
- Valid Photo ID (Driver's license, State ID, or Student ID)
- Social Security Cards (all household members)
- All 2012 W-2, 1099 and 1098 forms
- Blank check with routing number and accounting number
- Receipts for charitable gifts, medical expenses (including insurance), college expenses (including books), or child care expenses.
The program is offered Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. On Wednesdays and Fridays, it is open to the public from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Saturday hours of operation are 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
The Center for Economic Opportunity is located in downtown Abilene at 1102 North 3rd Street.
Appointments are recommended, but not necessary. To schedule an appointment, call 325-672-8980.
Copyright 2013 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.