Abilene
67° F
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Brownwood
79° F
Light Rain
Light Rain
San Angelo
88° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

House fire burns family out of their home

Published On: Jan 04 2013 10:45:01 PM CST
ABILENE, Texas -

An Abilene family is out of their rental home after fire damaged part of their living room and burned into the attic Friday night.

The fire started around the chimney area just before 7 o'clock.

By the time firefighters got on the scene there was smoke and flames showing.  Everyone got out of the home OK..including three cats.

The Red Cross is assisting the family with accomodations.