An East Texas mobile home fire blamed on a space heater has killed a woman and left two of her children and a firefighter hurt.
Van Zandt County authorities said the fire happened early Tuesday in Fruitvale, about 60 miles east of Dallas. Fire Marshal Chuck Allen says items left too close to a space heater apparently caught fire.
Officials said the mother died at the scene. Her 16-year-old son broke out a window to rescue his 14-year-old sister, who suffered burns and smoke inhalation. Two older children escaped unharmed.
The injured teens were taken to a Dallas hospital. The boy was treated and released. Details on the girl weren't immediately available.
The firefighter was treated and released from another hospital.
Names of the victims weren't immediately released.