Abilene
68° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Brownwood
68° F
Overcast
Overcast
San Angelo
74° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Advertisement

Officials: Lit cigarette causes house fire in Abilene

By Michelle Frizalone, mfrizalone@ktxs.com
Published On: Feb 17 2013 04:07:50 PM CST
Updated On: Feb 18 2013 09:12:09 AM CST
structure fire
ABILENE, Texas -

A lit cigarette on the front porch started a house fire just before noon Sunday.      
The Abilene Fire Department responded to a fire in the 5100 block of Congress Street.

Neighbors called 911 and entered the backyard to alert home owners that the front porch was fully engulfed in flames.

Everyone inside the home made it out safely. The Red Cross is helping the family.

Officials said the fire was accidental.