Abilene
44° F
Light Rain
Light Rain
Brownwood
55° F
Light Rain
Light Rain
San Angelo
54° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Advertisement

Second house fire in four days destroys Brown County home

Published On: Jan 14 2013 08:50:36 PM CST   Updated On: Jan 15 2013 08:16:29 AM CST
BANGS, Texas -

A heat lamp may have been the cause of a house fire near Bangs.

Around 3 a.m. Monday, Bangs, Lake Bridge and the Dam volunteer fire departments responded to a home at 2400 County Road 159.

Fire Marshal Buddy Preston said smoke detectors woke the family of seven. The family made it out of the house safely.

Preston said he believed a heat lamp in the garage was the cause of the fire.