TxDOT Weekly Update: Crews working on several Abilene and Taylor Co. projects
Updated On: Mar 24 2013 04:01:04 PM CDT
Texas Department of Transportation crews will be working on the following projects in Abilene and Taylor County over the next few days:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- FM 89 reconstruction and widening project: Patching and erosion control work continues at Richey Creek.
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Eastbound exit #290 to Loop 322/SH 36 and the entrance ramp past SH 351 remain closed as crews build new ramps. Work continues on inside lanes on the east end of the project and turnarounds at the SH 351 intersection.
- Various locations: Pavement markings will be refreshed on various roadways throughout Taylor and other nearby counties until the end of May. Drivers should avoid crossing wet pavement markings and should keep their distance if they encounter a striping truck.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- FM 1235 from County Road 301 to View: Level-up, edge and shoulder repair.
- FM 613 from Buffalo Gap to Tuscola: Repair shoulders.
- I-20 Business: Repair paved ditch.
- FM 1235 from Merkel to CR 301: Profile road surface.
Copyright 2013 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.