Abilene
91° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Brownwood
88° F
Clear
Clear
San Angelo
89° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Number of businesses damaged in Eastland fire

Published On: Apr 15 2014 07:12:24 PM CDT
Updated On: Apr 16 2014 03:56:54 PM CDT
Shady Oaks fire in Eastland
EASTLAND, Texas -

A person heating a baby bottle in a microwave is believed to have caused a fire that damaged a number of businesses in The Shady Oaks Shopping Center in Eastland.

A worker at Playoff Sports told KTXS News that they were heating a baby bottle and a short time later they noticed that lights in the business started flickering and they smelled smoke.

Fire was then discovered and quickly spread to several of the businesses in the shopping center that houses 11 stores.  All were evacuated.

Fire crews from Eastland, Rising Star, Cisco, Olden, Strawn, Carbon, Gorman, and Ranger fought the blaze.

(Photo courtesy of MicroplexNews.com)