Abilene
70° F
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Brownwood
73° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
San Angelo
72° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Advertisement

Electrical issues spark fire at south Abilene home

Published On: Dec 08 2013 07:55:44 PM CST
Updated On: Dec 08 2013 07:55:51 PM CST
Sammons St. fire 12-09-13
ABILENE, Texas -

Abilene firefighters had to brave the icy conditions to combat a house fire in the 400 block of Sammons Street Saturday night.

Firefighters arrived on scene around 10:15 p.m. and spent approximately 20 minutes battling the blaze.

The homeowner and his pets were able to make it out of the home safely. The American Red Cross helped him find a place to stay overnight.

Firefighters tell KTXS the fire started in the attic and was the result of an electric problem.