Fire destroys Abilene home
A fire destroyed an Abilene man’s Jeanette Street home Saturday morning.
A total of eight fire department units reported to the scene to fight the fire around 9:45 a.m. Saturday. It took firefighters nearly 20 minutes to fully extinguish the flames.
Firefighters said the cause of the fire was a cigarette that had not been properly disposed of.
The homeowner sustained minor injuries.
Copyright 2014 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.