Abilene
86° F
Clear
Clear
Brownwood
84° F
Overcast
Overcast
San Angelo
87° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Update: Candle caused fire that destroyed north Abilene home

By Cassandra Webb, cwebb@ktxs.com
Ariana Garza, Weekend Anchor/Crime & Courts Reporter, agarza@ktxs.com
Published On: Mar 16 2014 09:53:31 PM CDT
Updated On: Mar 17 2014 01:50:41 PM CDT
Roosevelt Fire
ABILENE, Texas -

A burning candle is to blame for a fire that destroyed a north Abilene home Sunday night.

Firefighters arrived at the home in the 1600 block of Roosevelt Street around 8 p.m. and were able to extinguish the fire in under an hour.

The home suffered severe smoke, heat and water damage and firefighters called it a total loss.

Firefighters said police were first called to the scene for a domestic disturbance. While police were on scene, a resident of the home realized the house had caught fire.

Nobody was injured in the fire.