Man dies after re-entering burning Texas home to get cell phone
Updated On: Feb 27 2014 01:12:03 PM CST
A man has died after re-entering a burning home in suburban Dallas to get his cell phone.
Plano fire officials say the three adults who lived at the home safely escaped the fire early Thursday morning, but then two of the occupants re-entered the home to get their cell phones to call 911. One of the two was able to make his way out of the home, but the other was not.
Fire officials say people should never go back into a burning home or building, noting that fire and smoke conditions quickly change and a fast-moving fire and toxic smoke can quickly incapacitate a person.
The fire is under investigation.
Copyright 2014 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.