Most city of Abilene offices will close Wednesday for the holiday.
Below is a press release from the city of Abilene detailing what closures you can expect:
- Most City of Abilene offices and community service centers will be closed on Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014 in observance of the New Year’s Day holidays with the exception of those providing life safety services such as fire and police protection.
- The Abilene Animal Shelter will be closed on Wednesday, Jan. 1. Citizens with an Animal Control emergency may call the Abilene Police Department at 673-8331 and an Animal Services Officer will be available to respond.
- The Solid Waste Services Division offices will be closed Wednesday, Jan. 1. There will be no residential or commercial pick up on Wednesday. Regular services will resume Thursday, Jan. 2. The Environmental Recycling Center (ERC) will also be closed Wednesday, Jan. 1. The ERC will resume regular business hours on Thursday, Jan. 2.
- CityLink Transit office will be closed with no transit service on Wednesday, Jan. 1, New Year’s Day. Regularly scheduled services will resume Thursday, Jan. 2.
- Municipal Court will also be closed on Wednesday, Jan 1. All citations due on that day will instead be due on Thursday, Jan. 2.
- All locations of the Abilene Public Library will close at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31 and will be closed all day Wednesday, Jan. 1.
- The Abilene Zoo is closed on Wednesday, Jan. 1, New Year’s Day.
- City facilities that will also be closed on Wednesday, Jan. 1 include: City Hall, Health Division, Abilene Civic Center, the Development Corporation of Abilene, the Airport Administration Office and City Recreation and Senior Citizen centers.
- The Water Services Center, 701 E. Hwy. 80, will be open for regular business hours, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 1. Citizens may also call the Water Service Center’s emergency hotline, 676-6000, for water and sewer emergencies. This hotline is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year.