Texas man burned after Halloween costume catches fire
Updated On: Nov 01 2013 12:40:40 PM CDT
Investigators say a man in East Texas has suffered severe burns after his camouflage-like Halloween costume caught fire in an alleged cigarette accident.
Tyler Fire Department officials on Friday did not immediately identify the hospitalized man or update his condition. Fire Marshal Paul Findley said the victim wore camouflage-type clothing that resembles foliage - commonly known as a ghillie suit.
Findley said crews on Thursday night were dispatched to a Tyler home about a person on fire. Bystanders help put out the blaze. The victim was transported to a Tyler hospital then moved to a burn unit in Dallas.
Findley said investigators believe the fire may have been the result of cigarette smoking materials.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.