Texas woman found in freezer died of meth use
Updated On: Oct 18 2013 09:28:59 AM CDT
A medical examiner has ruled that a Texas woman who was found by her son dead in a freezer died after taking methamphetamine and other drugs.
The Dallas County Medical Examiner's report released Thursday said 38-year-old Shannon Herrin Huddleston apparently grabbed a coat before crawling into the freezer in her garage on Aug. 8.
A few hours later Herrin's teenage son opened the freezer looking for food, and found his mother dead inside.
The report said Herrin died of the toxic effects of methamphetamine. It said hypothermia also contributed to Herrin's death. Her death has been ruled accidental.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.