TxDOT Weekly Update: July 22-26
Updated On: Jul 21 2013 02:59:50 PM CDT
Below is a list of planned Texas Department of Transportation construction and maintenance projects for July 15-19 in Abilene and Taylor County:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
1. Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: Resurfacing continues. Crews will work on bridges and ramps between Maple Street and I-20.
2. Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic will be limited to one lane in each direction while the other two lanes are closed for construction.
3. FM 2833 (East Lake Road): Crews will perform patching and work to stabilize sticky pavement in areas that were recently seal coated. High temperatures and humidity sometimes cause this issue on newly seal coated roads.
4. I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on inside lanes, turnarounds and ramps on the east end of the project. Eastbound exit #290 to Loop 322/SH 36 and the entrance ramp past SH 351 remain closed as crews build new ramps.
5. Westbound I-20 near Roscoe: Wet weather delayed plans on July 17 to pour the concrete bridge deck on the US 84 overpass under construction at I-20. Work has been rescheduled for July 23-24, pending dryer conditions. Both westbound lanes of I-20 will close the afternoon of July 23 and reopen the following afternoon. Traffic should follow signs for detours.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
1. FM 3438 (Arnold Boulevard): Silt removal.
2. I-20 Business: Base failure repairs. Work will require lane closures on South 1st Street between Pioneer Drive and Butternut Street.
Copyright 2013 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.