TxDOT Weekly Update: Sept. 23-27
Updated On: Sep 22 2013 08:21:05 PM CDT
Below is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release detailing the list of planned construction and maintenance projects for Abilene and Taylor County for the week of September 23-27:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Crews continue work on frontage roads, turnarounds and ramps. Drivers should use caution and follow warning signs and traffic control devices.
- Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: Crews are completing remaining paving work and will begin striping soon. Drivers should expect intermittent daytime lane and ramp closures.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
- Upcoming project: Work to convert frontage roads from two-way to one-way operation on Loop 322 from Maple Street to Lytle Creek is expected to begin in October.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- US 277 near FM 707 intersection: Level-up pavement.
- FM 89 between Rebecca Lane and Robertson Drive: Silt removal, ditch cleaning and storm drain repair. Work will continue to FM 707 through November. Some lane closures will be necessary.
Copyright 2013 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.