The following is an excerpt from a press release regarding the planned Texas Department of Transportation construction and maintenance projects for the Abilene and Taylor County area for the week of Sept. 2-6:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
· I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Crews continue work on frontage roads, turnarounds and ramps. Drivers should use caution and follow warning signs and traffic control devices.
· Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: Paving work continues. Drivers should expect intermittent lane and ramp closures.
· Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
· I-20 Business from I-20 to FM 3438: Level-up.
· FM 89 between Rebecca Lane and Robertson Drive: Silt removal.