ACU blanks Hardin-Simmons tennis
Updated On: Feb 16 2013 04:20:24 PM CST
Hardin-Simmons’ men’s tennis team dropped a dual to crosstown Division II rival Abilene Christian, 9-0, on Saturday morning at the Eager Tennis Pavillion.
The Wildcats, who are ranked 11th in the nation, won all six singles matches in straight sets and only dropped a combined six games in the three doubles’ matches.
Jesse Rawlings had the most competitive singles match as he lost 6-3, 6-4 at No. 4 singles to Marco Bensley.
Hardin-Simmons’ womens tennis team fell 7-0 to the third-ranked Division II Abilene Christian on Saturday morning at the Edgar Tennis Pavillion on the ACU campus.
ACU won the two doubles matches that were contested as HSU did not field a team at No. 3 doubles and or five and six singles.
Genene Haddad lost 6-4, 6-1 in No. 1 singles to Nada Marjanovic and was the only Cowgirl to win a game in singles action
HSU women are now 1-3 on the year and ACU improved to 5-1.
Abilene Christian 7, Hardin-Simmons 0
1. Nada Marjanovic (ACUW) def. Genene Haddad (HSUW) 6-4, 6-1
2. Kaysie Hermsdorf (ACUW) def. Tram Le (HSUW) 6-0, 6-0
3. Emily Conrad (ACUW) def. Amerlia Cheney (HSUW) 6-0, 6-0
4. Jamie Lee Denton (ACUW) def. Shelby Saul (HSUW) 6-0, 6-0
5. Hannah Kelley (ACUW) def. Angie Nhan (HSUW), by default
1. Kaysie Hermsdorf/Emily Conrad (ACUW) def. Genene Haddad/Tram Le, 8-4
2. Nada Marjanovic/Jamie Lee Denton (ACUW) def. Amelia Cheney/Shelby Saul, 8-1
HSU men are now 1-4 on the year and ACU improved to 4-4.
Abilene Christian 9, Hardin-Simmons 0
1. Borja Cortes (ACU) def. Michael McCullough, 6-1, 6-3
2. Nicklas Wingord (ACU) def. Nathan Chavez, 6-1, 6-1
3. Jason Proctor (ACU) def. Frankie Sanchez, 6-1, 6-1
4. Marco Bensley (ACU) def. Jesse Rawlings, 6-3, 6-4
5. Kyle Plum (ACU) def. Jordan Wilson, 6-2, 6-1
6. Brandon McCarty (ACU) def. Dylan Price, 6-1, 6-0
1. Hans Hach/Wingord (ACU) def. McCullough/ Chavez, 8-1
2. Proctor/Cortes (ACU) def. Sanchez/Rawlings, 8-4
3. Bensley/Plum (ACU) def. Wilson/Justin Fry, 8-1
Information provided by HSU athletics department.