TxDOT Weekly Update: Oct. 7-11
Updated On: Oct 06 2013 07:54:15 PM CDT
The following is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release regarding planned construction and maintenance projects in Abilene and Taylor County for Oct. 7-11:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Crews continue work on frontage roads, turnarounds and ramps. Drivers should use caution and follow warning signs and traffic control devices.
- Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: Crews are completing paving work and preparing for striping and guard rail installation. Drivers should expect intermittent daytime lane and ramp closures.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- I-20 from Shirley Road to Tye: Blade level-up on north frontage road.
- I-20 Business near Tye City Hall: Blade level-up paved ditch.
- US 277 from FM 3438 to FM 1235: Repair pavement edges; silt removal.
- FM 89 between Rebecca Lane and Robertson Drive: Silt removal, ditch cleaning and storm drain repair work continues. Some lane closures will be necessary.
Copyright 2013 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.